The INTERREG IVA Programme for Northern Ireland, the Border Region of Ireland and Western Scotland is a European Union supported Structural Funds Programme which seeks to address the economic and social problems which result from the existence of borders. It supports strategic cross-border co-operation for a more prosperous and sustainable region.
Donegal County Council & Larne Borough Council work together to deliver the INTERREG IVA, Cross-border Programme for Territorial Co-operation 2007-2013. The North East Partnership act as lead partner and facilitate the management of INTERREG IVA process on behalf of SEUPB (Special EU Programmes Body) through a joint committee. The goal of this project is to develop both The Gobbins and Sliabh Liag as unique world class sea cliff tourism destinations. Click here for more information from SEUPB…
– To increase the level of involvement by the local community leading to enhanced participation and income generation opportunities.
– To encourage the ongoing support of marketing stakeholders with a view to championing the project as a flagship for Donegal and Larne.
– Create a new “Must See” Visitor Experience at both Sliabh Liag and The Gobbins.
– Create a World Class Walking Destination at both attractions.
– Provide an improved visitor management system including transport links to and from the cliffs.
– Increase awareness amongst visitors of the SAC environment.
– Encourage local involvement and new business opportunities.
– Increase tourism by 90,000 in both locations Further develop a Northern Coastal Rout